Re: RE: re: [DL] Deadlands D20 -- Flamethrowers and Mad Science[SHANE]

> Also harkening back to high school chemistry, isn't potassium kept in oil
> keep it from igniting upon contact with the air?
>
> I believe you're thinking of Sodium, nasty stuff especially when dropped
in
> a bucket of water.
>
> Just think of it.  Glass shotgun shells fill with oil and pure potasium as
> the shot.  They do shotgun damage going in and either continue burning or
do
> burn damage when removed. heh heh heh.

Potassium?  Forget that, man!  Granted, it's probably ot been discovered
yet, but imagine in HoE Cesium rounds!  In a video they showed us in high
school once a little (MAYBE 1/8" diamter) disc of that stuff blew out the
side of the container, which was probably a foot across, and it did so quite
violently.  They didn't show us Francium, probably due to its radioactivity.
The Alkaloids just keep getting more and more volatile as you go down the
column, so when you remember that water sets it off, just think what the
human body's primarily composed off- especially blood >:) .

Nick "One of these days, baby... milkshake... BOOM!!!!!" Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times