[DL] Seventh Son question

    Hi, All! We're back in the Deadlands saddle as of last Sunday. I'm
running the dino adventure from Epitaph #1, Table Rock. In an effort to
keep L'il Rex alive for another round or so, I spent a chip to negate a
wound. Our Indian PC has the Seventh Son knack and spent a chip to
cancel my chip. My questions...

        (1). Can I as the Marshal keep spending chips beyond the first
one? In other words, I chip the damage, then he cancels that chip with
his own. Can I spend a 2nd one to see if he cancels THAT one and, if so,
then a 3rd, etc.?

        (2) Does the chip he spends HAVE to be the same color as mine? I
used a white, he used a white, so no problem there. BUT could he have
used a red or blue? The way the knack is worded, it sounds like it would
have to be the same color.......

    Thanks for your help!

Dan