Re: [DL] Pagans, or Are you a good witch or a bad witch?

WOuldn't the easiest way is to just reverse the rules for Black Magic
and call it something else? Now, pagans dont' call themselves white
magicians, not most of 'em at least (we see magick, if used, as without
class, and it's the will of invoker...

Now, your right it would be new territory. If you want classical wiccan
belief, there's a little trick called the Rule of 3.. it's a karmic
rule - the wrong and right you do returns 3 times. This could be quite
devistating in DL if not handled properly.

The pagan beliefs are closer to SHamantic practices in deadlands, but
there needs to be alot of rewording and reidealizing.

In the end - remember, Wicca as we think of it today is more a spiritual
system then a set of laws for magick - be careful how you work this. :-)

Regards,
Stryfe

Blessed be.

On Saturday, December 8, 2001, at 06:05  PM, Patrick Downs wrote:

> Sorry, couldn't help the Wizard of Oz reference, I'm a
> silly boy. But anyway...
> yes, Paganism.
> Has anyone tried to include this in their game?
> I'm thinking of creating a new Arcane Background for
> the Weird West that could encompass wiccans and
> pagans, and I was going to call it Druid. Problem is,
> druids (pagans) are alot like blessed and they're alot
> like shaman, but instead of creating a mix of the two
> I'd like to create something completely unique. My
> idea stems from the fact that I'm creating this AB for
> a British-based adventure and I want the players to be
> able to "convert" to paganism if they want and learn
> this new background.
> Does anyone have any experience with this already, or
> am I in virgin territory?
> Does anyone have any suggestions, recommended reading,
> or websites of interest?
> -doc

             ____
           /    *| Plattsburgh, NY - College