AW: [DL] How to kill a posse (was Re: Mao The Human Cuisinart)

> Everett, if you're reading this, stop now!
> Move along players, nothing to see here.

[snip the whole thing]

Why on Earth would you go to such great lengths just to kill off your
friends favorite characters? You give them throughout the whole setting the
feeling that they have a chance - which they, of course, do not.
So why - if it has to be Stone - would he go about all that fus and wait
till they get on a train or lure them there or whatever? Why not track them
down, wait till they get separeted, Ghost his way into there rooms and kill
them silently? Hell, he could even cut off their heads and burn those later
just to make sure that he is a) not caught [1] and b) the heroes don't come
back Harrowed?
The players won't appreciate it either way that they lost their character
without any chance to save him. Hell, you could even say at the end of a
session: "Uh, Tom, btw, next time you'll need a new character. The others
find John Smith the next morning without a head and in a pool of blood in
his bedroom. I'm sorry. How about a huckster this time?"
I haven't used Stone yet, since we're about to start the second part of the
Devil's Tower Trilogy, but from all what I read he's one cool motherf*cker.
That means, IMHO, that he goes for simple plans.

Just my two Euro-cents ;-)

Markus
[1] Of course it wouldn't really matter, if he get's caught. It would be a
nuisance. But still, why bother with an angry lynch mob or the dead
cahracters friends, when (un)-life can be that much easier?