Re: [DL] A Motto for Marshals (was Re: In my defense...) [spoilers]

>>>I stat Stone because I want the players to have a
chance, however minimal, of surviving and possibly
beating Stone.<<<

>>>if the PCs manage to kill Stone (however I think this
is entrely impossible) then the world will be a better
place, and isn't that the real spirit of Deadlands?
fighting a losing battle<<<

Part of the point here, for having stone without stats, is so that it IS IMPOSSIBLE for the players to defeat him.

This, as has been said, by Shane, and others as well informed on the matter, is ESSENTIAL for the Deadlands storyline.

Instead of creating stats, and giving the possibility of defeat... Use Stone to scare the living crap out of the PC's... let him be a virtual Legend...  But never get into a situation where rolling dice, or drawing cards is even an option Against Stone..... or For Stone.

Simple as that.