Re: [DL] Alternate starting character points

At 10:59 PM 1/10/2002 -0600, you wrote:
 >> I'm going to charge for spells, but I'm thinking 5 for spells may be a bit
 >> steep for the startup of the game - but if I charge less (like 3) then I
 >> give up the other advantage of this method of character generation.  That
 >> of simplifying the system by ditching the character generation system by
 >> consolidating it into the normal experience system.
 >
 >You could compromise and charge 4.  Of course, I'm not sure how the math
 >works out on that.

Flat loss over the current system of character creation.

Here's an idea I just thought of - since I'm probably going to go with a
something other than the main cost of 5, what of charging different amount
of points for the different types of spellcasters.

Hucksters, Shamans - starting hexes cost 3
Blessed - starting hexes cost 4 (or 5)
etc.

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

A wicked Hero will turn his back to an innocent coward.
                 -Poor Richard's Almanac 1734