Re: [DL] harrowed.... [shane]

In a message dated 1/23/2002 2:37:00 PM Eastern Standard Time, fajandt@yahoo.com writes:

Now Shane can correct me if I am wrong here, but from
working on Way of the Dead, I got the understanding
that they didn't "make" Harrowed. Harrowed are
attempts at making walking dead that didn't
necessarily go as planned. Sometimes folks are just a
bit too stubborn or tough or whatever and they don't
give up control of their body that easily, regardless
of whether or not they have been put down once
already.

Fred J.

Hmm. No, not exactly. But walkin' dead are "short term" projects. Once a manitou is "slain" while inhabiting a wd, it just goes back to the Hunting Grounds. A Harrowed is a much longer term project that can lead to all sorts of magical powers, confusion, and far more terror (because of their ability for good as well as bad you usually don't just kill them like you do a zombie). But when the manitou is slain in a Harrowed, it's actually destroyed.

Shane