[DL] RPBeM continued

Thanks for the input.  Yeah, I need to work on that "be nice to others"
thing.  Typically I'm a nice person in person, but I tend to come off a bit
harsh in writing.  I think it has to be with how my brain thinks things
through.  ::I:: believe the way I write isn't offensive, but I've been told
I need to tone down things.  Funny, 'cuz that's how I typically talk.
Hmmmm, I guess playful sarcasm is hard to read in email....

At any rate, did get some very helpful suggestions.  Didn't think about
picking folks by what they submit as characters; I was going to have folks
give me a short essay as to why they wanted to play, & judge by content.  :)
No, actually, I was!  (Keep in mind that my favorite evil bad guy character
on TV was the mayor from Buffy....)

Hmmm, I guess I need to go ahead & get prepared for this, I'm slowly getting
psyched up thinking about it.  I did have in mind at least one short
adventure (sort of a road test with dealing with strangers) & a few more I &
some friends have come up with over the past year, so that's okay.  Figured
I couldn't run published adventures 'cuz then everyone would buy the book to
see how to get through it....

Hmmmm, which is better, finding players who are experienced in playing DL,
or trying to round up newbies?  Vets would understand the mechanics better,
ensuring a faster paced game, but then they'd start saying things like,
"Hey! You can't do that!!?!?!"  whereas I could snowblind newbies, but the
game would probably take longer.....  Of course, it would be more fun for
newbies 'cuz they'd get a chance to play more for the experience....
Ooohhh!  Or I could do a Hong Kong Action Theatre thing, make up the
characters I want, then have the players pick & choose as to which one they
want to play....

As for a website, yeah, I COULD do that (yeah, right) but first I'd actually
have to LEARN how to create a site, then set up a page either on geocities,
or with my own ISP, & then I'd have to keep it updated, & I'd probably be
badgered by the players to put graphics on it, & maybe even music, & there'd
have to be all these little windows popping up at most inopportune times,
wanting you to subscribe to the WSJ, & "Wouldn't you like a software program
that will let you spy on your neighbors???", & offers for credit cards.....
Nah....

Jeff S