Re: [DL] RPBeM continued

--- Jeff Shoffner <shoffner@usit.net> wrote:
> As for a website, yeah, I COULD do that (yeah, right) but first I'd
> actually
> have to LEARN how to create a site, then set up a page either on
> geocities,
> or with my own ISP, & then I'd have to keep it updated, & I'd probably
> be
> badgered by the players to put graphics on it, & maybe even music, &
> there'd
> have to be all these little windows popping up at most inopportune
> times,
> wanting you to subscribe to the WSJ, & "Wouldn't you like a software
> program
> that will let you spy on your neighbors???", & offers for credit
> cards.....
> Nah....

There are a few (or so I've heard) places on the Internet where someone
has donated time/server space/expertise and created an environment for RPG
enthusiasts. I've only actually encountered one, which is Rondak's Portal.
It's more Play By Web than Play By EMail, but it might work for you.

One cool thing is that it has an integrated dice roller, so (if you want)
you can have your players make their own rolls, and they can't cheat. The
only Deadlands-type thing it won't do elegantly is let the players draw
their own cards or chips.

Anyway, the address is:

http://www.rondaksportal.com/

or