Re: [DL] Makin' period money

> however, it occurs that I'm ... sorta ... counterfeiting, even
> unintentionally.  Anyone know any rules governing creating prop money?

Well, there was a case where a 7th grade teacher created some
realish-looking money for a class project, though it had his face on it and
some teddy bears on the back.  The Secret Service STILL came after him,
though I think cases like that are rather rare.  Maybe if you put something
on there (make sure it's damn conspicuous, perhaps over the face) saying
"NOT REAL MONEY".  I think I've still got the old pictures frmo somewhere of
old currency.  You could print out the Confederate stuff and the Secret
Service would most likely not give a damn since it's not worth anything
anyway.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times