From: Bill Hein [mailto:darkchil@rea-alp.com]
Sent: Friday, January 25, 2002 2:23 PM
To: Deadlands
Subject: [DL] Makin' period money

Okay, so I'm paintin' excess poker chips gold and silver, thinking it's a
start.  Then I start looking around at the currency sites Allen's got listed
on his links pages.  And nothing quite seems to fit.  So now I'm seriously
thinking about using MS Publisher to create some period bills for the north
and south, and trying to figure out a way to paint/mark chips to different
values as well.

however, it occurs that I'm ... sorta ... counterfeiting, even
unintentionally.  Anyone know any rules governing creating prop money?

And does anyone have any suggestions for making it look good?  I'm going to
use the historical stuff as examples and standards, but i'm pretty sure it
won't look engraved--I don't have that kind of time/patience.  I'm also
going to rig it so I get max amount of bills on per page, so I don't waste
paper and time cutting it out.

I'm looking for input; anyone wanna toss in their two cents?  (pun fully
intended!)

Darkechilde
darkchil@rea-alp.com
ICQ#12901136