Re: [DL] Hucksters D20(Fred Jandt??)

From the SRD:

Taking 10: When the character is not in a rush and is not being threatened or
distracted, the character may choose to take 10. Instead of rolling 1d20 for
the skill check, calculate the character's result as if the character had
rolled a 10.

From Me:

Not being threatened or distracted = never in combat or when enemies are close.
 Not in a game of poker.  Not while riding a horse or stage.  Not in
conversation or when loud noises threaten.  Not when you have a chance of
manitous blowing your head off.

--- Kevin L Stoner <stone1kl@cmich.edu> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> So I have yet another group of d20 players who love Deadlands
> after I ran it for them last night. However one of them (whom is the
> moderator for the forgotten realms list serve) kindly pointed out to
> me that no where in the D20 books does it say a Huckster cannot
> "take 10" on a roll and simply cast the spell, no chance of
> backlash. I realize this concept is absurd but could you please do
> me the honor of putting in writing the obvious.. that a huckster
> must roll in order to cast a spell. At least clarify for us. Oh and I
> know it has been posted a million times but could somebody
> please repost the eratta for Mad Scientists? Since I am playing
> with a group of gamers who are quite nearly professionals, I dont
> want it to run choppily for them.
>
> Thanks,
> Marshall Stoner

> 	unsubscribe deadlands

=====
Jasyn Jones
jasyn@mac.com
Get your blog on: http://kickassnews.blogspot.com/
"To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield."
Ulysses, Alfred Lord Tennyson