Re: [DL] Hucksters D20(Fred Jandt??)

From what I have read about the Take 10 rule, it is
used to speed up play. The last thing one wants to do
when wranglin' an unwilling manitou is to try to do
things quick and dirty. So unless I am overruled by
the man above (Shane), I would say, yes, they have to
roll every time.

And if you want to allow the players in your campaign
to use Take 10 anyway, I would still make them roll a
d20 to see if they get backlash regardless. This
backlash may not manifest itself right away, but any
huckster who keeps using the Take 10 rule to shoot off
her hexes is making a pile o' nasty enemies pissed
off.

That's my take,

Fred

--- Kevin L Stoner <stone1kl@cmich.edu> wrote:
> Hello again,
>
> So I have yet another group of d20 players who love
> Deadlands
> after I ran it for them last night. However one of
> them (whom is the
> moderator for the forgotten realms list serve)
> kindly pointed out to
> me that no where in the D20 books does it say a
> Huckster cannot
> "take 10" on a roll and simply cast the spell, no
> chance of
> backlash. I realize this concept is absurd but could
> you please do
> me the honor of putting in writing the obvious..
> that a huckster
> must roll in order to cast a spell. At least clarify
> for us. Oh and I
> know it has been posted a million times but could
> somebody
> please repost the eratta for Mad Scientists? Since I
> am playing
> with a group of gamers who are quite nearly
> professionals, I dont
> want it to run choppily for them.
>
> Thanks,
> Marshall Stoner