Re: [DL] Hucksters D20(Fred Jandt??)

>So I have yet another group of d20 players who love Deadlands
>after I ran it for them last night. However one of them (whom is the
>moderator for the forgotten realms list serve) kindly pointed out to
>me that no where in the D20 books does it say a Huckster cannot
>"take 10" on a roll and simply cast the spell, no chance of
>backlash. I realize this concept is absurd but could you please do
>me the honor of putting in writing the obvious.. that a huckster
>must roll in order to cast a spell. At least clarify for us.

Well I still haven't bought Deadlands D20, but from the official D20 rules,
You can only take 10 when you have time and are not distracted.  So Combat
is out of the question.  Also you can justify that the Cosmic Poker game
with the Manitou is always a stressfull distracting action so you can never
just take your time and cast a Hex.

Those are my thoughts

Dan