Re: [DL] Rolling attributes

>From: "Grand Master Nilus of the Dark Angel Chapter"
>>I decided to do the following:
>>Mien - use as a "reaction" roll
>>Knowledge - used to remember misc educational things (one dime novel uses
>>Knowledge check to recognice what kind of ship the posse sees)
>>Nimbleness - moving on unstable ground
>>
>Actually some of these have other effects that player tend to neglect.
>
>Nimbleness is walking/running speed. Have them chased by some big nasties
>and see who will remember to have a higher Nimbleness(or have them make
>riding tests when they are running from something, watch someone fail, fall
>of there horse, and be eaten.  I guarntee that his next character will have
>a descent nimblness and Ridin' skill.

nimbleness die size is movement rate, but there is no built in incentive to
want multiple dice in nimbleness

>I never have a problem with low Knowledge.  Knowledge is one third of the
>Character equation and my players dont tend to neglect it(Now Cognition
>seems to be the one they like to forget)

Now cognition?  that's what all perceptoin checks are based on, my posse
wanted either 4d6, or a largish die size.

>Mein is sometimes a problem, but this is easily solved by giving lots of
>extra xp and rewards to people who use there mouths instead of there guns.
>And don't forget Tale Tellin'.

yeah, there was usually either a d4, or a d10 in mein.  Either you wanted it
high, or you didn't care at all

>As for Strength, Remind your pc that a guy with a D4 strength is a scrawny
>wussie kinda guy.  You can't be a weather beaten intimidating Gun slinger
>with a D4 strength.  Anyways this is less of a problem in my current
>campaign(A long running HOE campaign, where everyone knows that
>Swords/Clubs/Axe/Hockey Sticks don't use up valuable ammo, so my players
>have descent Strength scores.)
>
>Dan

Unless you are playing the semi-upper class ailin' gunfighter.  Doc Holiday
wasn't a big buff guy, buy he could still be scary