From: owner-deadlands@gamerz.net [mailto:owner-deadlands@gamerz.net] On
Behalf Of coyote
Sent: Wednesday, January 30, 2002 1:14 PM
To: deadlands@gamerz.net
Subject: RE: [DL] Picking up the Pace

Where are the rules for this?  I just looked all through the revised
rulebooks.  I swear there were rules for it in the original Deadlands
rulebooks, but I'll be danged if I can find them now.  Can anyone
paraphrase the rules for me, or point me to a page number in the Revised
Rulebooks or something?

<<Snip!!>>

They're gone, removed from the book as of Deadlands 2e. Now characters
can freely spread their moves as they see fit so long as they don't
exceed their pace. If they want to pick up the pace, they can do a
double move effectively doubling their pace score but all actions that
round suffer a -4 to the die rolls. The only problem with this is
characters move pretty darn slow and get frustrated when they have a
pace of 6 and draw four cards for the round. Twelve yards of movement in
six seconds isn't exactly hauling @ss if you ask me.

Here's what I do in my own games:

You get your normal pace in yards each round, this can be combined with
other actions without penalty. If you want to move beyond this, you can
opt to "pick up the pace" by performing additional moves one per card at
the cost of one wind each. These extra moves can be combined with other
actions at -4 to the die roll. This applies to active rolls like
shootin', fightin', etc. but I usually let it slide when rolling damage.

Works great and simulates chase scenes nicely.

Hope you find this helpful.

Regards,