[DL] The Whateleys

I don't know the inspiration for the DuPont name--it came from teh guys at FFG when they created Range Wars.  Of course, anyone living in Philly will tell you that the DuPonts aren't quite right...

The Curwens are indeed another name inspired by Lovecraft, and you're right on the money with "Charles Dexter Ward".  Both Rob Vaux and John Goff did a very nice job of making the Extended Whateley Family very Lovecraftian.

As for where the Whateleys come from, it's a lot more comples than just "Back East."  But I will tell you they're not from the real town of Whatley, Mass.

I'm considering putting up a Whateley Resource section of my website at qusoor.com, so you can track the Family members, and perhaps add a few homebrewed ones to your campaign.  They're just so... cool.

John Goodrich
Whateley fanatic

http://mail2web.com/ .