Re: [DL] Hitting multiple targets

First off, no modern HRT snipers would take this kind of shot, even with a high powered modern rifle.  With weapons like Old Western Pistols or the type of bullets used in pre 1900 rifles, there would be no chance of accurately getting a bullet to follow the course you wanted through one human body and into another.  The. 45 Colt round for instance, is a great home protection round specifically because it delivers almost all its energy into the target without blowing through.  A Sharps Big .50 might go through but there are too many factors that could cause it to deflect.  In any case, the system I would use would be damage dependent.  If the bullet causes more than 1/4 the targets Hit Points total in damage, it goes through.  Use the random grenade chart in your system to determine which direction it comes out.  Since I use D20, (I'll switch to regular Deadlands when I can persuade my players to learn a new system) I'm not certain how this would work under Classic Deadlands, so I hope someone more familiar with the rules can comment.  As for shooting the hostage to begin with, keep in mind how easily a bullet can kill and that the shot individual will be maimed for life.  Skin and Muscle never regenerate exactly and bullets remove a good two inch path in most cases.  I hope this helps.

Best,

Tom
"Who is glad to be teaching in quite West Virginia rather than still being shot at."