Re: [DL] Hitting multiple targets (House Rules)

For none D20 Deadlands

I'd probably rule that a human body would have an random AV depending on the
Size of the Human Shield.  Here are some quick house rules I just came up
with

An Average Human offers a D6(no Aces) of AV(Armor Value)
For Every level of size over 6 add 1 to the role(Thus a Bign' with size 7
would role D6+1)
Likewise subtract 1 for every size below 6
Subtract 2 if its an Arm hit
Subtract 1 for leg hits
Add 1 for head hits

After you determine the AV, Determine how much damage the bullet would now
do.

Now roll a D6(reroll Aces) - AV determined, if the outcome is 1 or more, it
hits the person holding the shield.  On anything else it misses him(you can
check for innocent bystanders if you want).

The reason this would vary is there is a chance that a bullet might bounce
of bone and thus slow its approach.  If the bullets damage is reduced to
nothing then the bullet lodges into the person

Example 1

Evil Bill is holding the young School Marm(size 5) hostage.  Fast Draw Eddie
attempts to shoot him(3D6 Revolver). Using normal rules we determine that
the school Marm is covering Bill's torso, Left arm, and legs.  Eddie isn't a
good shot and hits the Marm straigh in the torso.

She takes normal damage.  No we determine hew AV.  The Marshal rolls a D6
and gets a 3. minus one because shes tiny. No modifier for hit location.  So
the AV is 2.  Thus the Bullet is doing 2D4 damage.  Now roll a D6 to see if
it hits. The Marshall rolls a 3 - 2 = 1.  So it hits him.  Now roll random
hit location and apply damage for Bill.

Example 2

After spending a few weeks in prison, Evil Bill breaks out and realize he
should take bigger hostages.  This Time He uses Boss Hog(Size 7). The Duke
Boys corner him and Bo takes a shot with his Peacemaker(3D6).  Hit location
is legs, So Boss hog is getting hit.  He takes the usual 3D6.  Marshal roles
AV and get 4 + 1 size - 1 for leg hit = 4.  Damage is reduced to nothing so
the bullet is lodged in Boss hogs leg.  Luke now takes a shot with his
rifle(4D8).  He hits Torso, so again poor Boss hog is taking the hit and
damage. Marshall roles a 1 for AV + 1 size = 2, Damage is 4D4.  Marshall
rolls to see if the bullet hits, gets 5 -2 = 3.  Poor Evil Bill is getting
hit.  To bad the Duke brother probably have killed Boss Hog in the process.

I think these rules should work(Like I said, I just wrote them so they
have'nt been playtested).    I think players should think twice about
shooting the hostage.

Dan