Re: [DL] Fasting (Marshal help needed)

> In the rules it states that a ritual must have a specific favor asked
> for to be successful, I ruled that to fill the guardian spirit is
> treated as a favor.

This is pretty much right.  The only exception to the rule that you have to
use the Appeasement for a Favor is if you're putting it in your Guardian
Spirit.

> The character fasts until his spirit is full (which rarely happens) or
> until he fails enough times, and loses enough wind, to need to eat. He
> then starts fasting again the next day. He's been fasting for months
> this way. In real life (yeah I know) he would be skin and bone and
> little to no muscle.
>
> How have you ruled on this issue, or how would you rule on this issue?

Well, if he's using Fast this much and not getting any nutrition, I'd let
some common sense prevail.  Fast doesn't keep you alive or sustain you in
any real sense, so he should have some semipermanent Wind loss from not
eating.  I may also penalize his Corporeal Traits for just the reason you
mentioned.

Nick Zachariasen
Editor Emeritus
Trojan Times