Re: [DL] Characters

> OK, I have a few things to add to this.
>
> First, as was already stated, take him out of the combat
> element.  Make him
> have to step into a high stakes poker game to defend the
> widows home stead,
> etc.

Actually came across a good NPC for use with this.

City O'Gloom

Ok while running the Road to Hell my posse got a little involved with some
side issues in the City O'Gloom.  After coming across the "Lurkers" in the
pipes - they learned about Grist taking blood.  After a brief incident with
the other Lurkers and finishing off the "Road To Hell" they went to
investigate Grist.  First they had to get around the patrols in the Mormon
sector of the town - plus they weren't allowed guns in that part either (of
course they stashed some in the graveyard and picked it up later) They then
went and broke in.  Eventually they found and broke into Grists laboratory -
where they found racks of potions that they couldn't figure out what they
were, and some spotlessly clean syringes and tubes etc (heh - she's an
alchemist - dirty implements won't cut it).  However in breaking in they had
broken one of Grists door contacts - and so Grist appeared at the door -
with her gang of 15 year olds behind her to back her up.  They posse realise
that they have no evidence and she explains that the orphange is shot on
funds and so she does what she has to to keep the 200+ children off the
streets (& they know what the streets are like).  Unfortunately they
believed her and trooped off like children caught with their hands in the
cookie jar, leaving her to terrorise the children.  The characters have been
traumatised by the fact that they have to live with the knowledge that the
children have been drained of blood - the idea of investigating the
orphanages funds - didn't occur to them - oh well!

Cheers

Roy