[DL] Re: Pied Piper Suggestion

    I did something similar.  More along the lines of harpies playing harps.
Basically, I made the musical instruments enchanted.
To successfully play an enchanting tune requires a Onerous (7)
Performin: Instrument roll (ie: Permormin: Harp)
    Anyone hearing the enchanted tune must make an Hard (9)
Smarts check or fall under the spell of the musician, allowing
for hearing difficulties. For each other enchanted instrument
successfully playing add +1 to the TN that players must make
to not fall under the spell.
    During combat, each action requires a continued Hard (9)
Smarts enchantment check. Once someone is under the spell
they are at -2 penalty to all their actions.

Example:
    My three harpies spot the posse coming down the trail and
start playing their harps (rolling their Performin: Harp and
make a 9, 12, 5).  The posse hears the sweet lilting refrain on the wind,
except one geezer who's deaf.  Everyone but the deaf old man
has to make an Hard (9) smarts check +1 for the additional tune.
Two posse members fall under their spell, one makes the check
and isn't enchanted, and the old geezer doesn't understand what's
going on.