Re: [DL] Experience in DL

>I guess this wouldn't hang well with those folks who like having a
>character
>improve throughout playing, but if you start out fairly high to begin
>with....  Mark's big complaint is "Listen, I've played 1st level characters
>plenty of times. I'm tired of it."

First Veteran of the Wierd West is for people who have had some prior
experience with the "normal" World.  Supernatural wierdness tends to make
you learn from your mistakes a lot quicker.

Second.  A deadlands character is Hardly equivilant to a First level D&D
Character.  Take a look at some of the NPC's that Deadlands stats, with a
few exceptions most able body, well drawn characters can take them in a
fight when they are newly created.  I can understand Marks complaint with
certain games(especially 2nd Edition D&D, where first level blew) but in
Deadlands character generally start out very tough and Experience tends to
flow quickly to them(as long as they play there flaws well)

If Mark really wants some more starting points.  Let him use the Veteran of
the Wierd west from HOE(In HOE Veteran of the Wierd west is called
VOTWastered West,  VOTWierd west means that a character actually has been
around for 200 years)  Essentially they get 25 C-Points, and are allowed to
raise anything with them.  There are also varient rules for raising
attributes with these points(Its cheaper then with XP).  But the chart that
a Marshal draws on is really bad...REally REally bad

OVerall if you want your player more experience, Give them some bounty to
work with.  If you just have one player complaining, Tell him to quit being
a munchkin Gamer and get back to the rest of your group.

Dan