Re: [DL] Experience in DL and D20 comment

> The main thing for me here is that the rules *work*.... Cards for
> initiative not only fits the setting, but works well. The only
> 'abnormal' components being chips and cards, and both are widely
> available (even if I did have to go to two stores yesterday to get a
> thing of spare chips... )

Oh, they're certainly available; I went out and bought more cards, the
chips, and the colored paper clips for the two sessions we played before
the group decided to switch to d20. (Sigh.)

> Also, While I doubt this'd be easy, I'm very afraid of someone trying to
> pester me to play one of the munchier 3rd Edition possibilities that'd
> break the deadlands system. I don't want to have to listen to someone's
> request to play a Drow Ranger in the Weird West, and if I was convinced
> to do so, the other players will all receive gatling pistols and 'best
> wishes' notes from their friendly neighborhood men in black dusters.

Heh.  Actually, as we were creating characters for d20 Deadlands, I was
making some comment about "Everyone's human, of course," when the thought
of taking that bit out struck me.  DeadShadowLandsRun, anyone?  There are
already certain similarities between the settings, and Deadlands d20 is
perfectly poised to add elves, dwarves, etc. right into Deadlands.

Has anyone given this serious thought, writing up ideas?

Doug Dawson