[DL] Session Style

I like to mix in mundane adventures with horror ones. That way the group
stays on their toes as to what's next. However, when I run the mundane
sessions I'll play on the characters' backgrounds and hindrances. One
session while travelling between various mines and questioning the owners I
had taken control of the harrowed in the group. After the party would leave,
the harrowed would sneak back and fillet the owners leaving their cabin a
nice messing scene. Then when the party came back an hour or so later they
didn't know what to think. They spent two days trying to track down this
killer. It got to a point that when it got dark the posse would run back to
town just so they wouldn't be alone in the woods at night. They also helped
me out by splitting up to search for the killer. They were snipered by
unseen attackers now and then. They spent their chips that night and it just
cost me a few now and then for control, it was a good ratio.
None of my players have really clued in that their backgrounds are
generating these adventures. I think they thought I forgot about their
hindrances and backgrounds.

I'd like to thank all who helped me out with the GSoD hindrance. The players
didn't take to it when I started using it in game.

The next adventure I'm running is Independence Day. The group is rather
large so I'll have some sidetrack issues with their pasts. Anyone who's run
it tell me how it went and some things I should watch out for? Thanks.