Re: [DL] Experience in DL and D20 comment

Well, I like both Deadlands rule sets, but as a D&D player from waaay
back (15 years or so), I also like the fact that D20 settings are
designed to be interchangeable.  So if you want to play a Gnome
Fringer-Mad Scientist-Artificer (three classes from three different
settings, each with considerable mechanical skill - from Star Wars,
Deadlands, and Forgotten Realms), you can.  And, although it hasn't
really been detailed for D20, you can use the old Planescape setting
(nexus of the multiverse-type stuff) to bring together all the
disparate elements that otherwise would have no business being in the
same place.  Each setting has its unique elements, but none is
generally overpowered in comparison to the others.  Now, this
combination isn't really something I'd want to play as more than a
once-in-a-while diversion, but it's nice to know the possibility
exists.

Just my two cents,

Bruce White

Web-hosting solutions for home and business! http://website.yahoo.ca