[DL] averages

this is mainly for Darious, but I figured I'd post it to the list as other
people might be interested.

you list an option  of using an "average" pull instead of actually pulling
for character stats on your house rules, and you use the same stats they use
for most of the archetypes in the rulebooks.   I thought I would mention to
you that those numbers actually aren't the average.   the average character
is actually:

3d4, 2d6, 3d6, 4d6, 1d8, 3d8, 4d8, 2d10, 3d10, 2d12

(assuming pulling 12 cards from a straight deck and dropping the lowest two,
unable to drop d4s)

the differences are
1d6 to 3d4
3d6 to 4d8
4d10 to 3d10

obviously with an equal possibility of drawing any suit on the cards, I went
with the closest to average possible with a slight bias towards low (3d4 and
2d12 instead of 2d4 and 3d12  but I think the 3d8 instead of 2d8 covers it)

yea, I have a little too much free time on my hands (as evidenced by my
working out the averages for all the different die rolls in deadlands, both
with and without accounting for going bust), but I thought you might like to
know if many of your players were using the standard draw.