[DL] Deadlands and the Draka

WRT: http://www.gpfn.sk.ca/~geis/draka/

I was rereading some books the other weekend and
ripped through the Draka series by S. M. Stirling. The
series is an alternate timeline where things went
differently in the 1770’s from what we're used to. For
a very quick overview of the initial changes go here:
http://www.gpfn.sk.ca/~geis/draka/divergence.html  For
a much more indepth look go here:
http://www.gpfn.sk.ca/~geis/draka/history.html

As in Deadlands, science and technology are vastly
accelerated in this alternate timeline. For example:
"1872 Steam turbine perfected by Alexandrian
Technological Institute. First rigid dirigibles.
Archona and Alexandria become first cities to
establish telephone networks. Uraguay and Paraguay
annexed by Empire of Brazil. Columbia, Venezuela, and
Ecuador establish Republic of Grand Columbia.
Australasian Federation unites Australia, New Zealand.
Electric lighting."

Now, after reading the novels and having a good time
doing it, I put some thought into combining the
Deadlands/Draka timelines slightly. Given the Draka
experiments in wormholes in the last novel it wouldn’t
be too much of a stretch to dump them into the
Deadlands universe (while sternly ignoring any
flashbacks to the Harry Turtledove novel concerning
the American Civil War and AK-47 equipped South
African time travellers).

Has anyone else read the series and had a bit of a
ponder?

Cheers.

=====
"Morituri Nolumus Mori" - We who are about to die don't want to.