RE: Re: [DL] Deadlands - Union/Confederate

J'accuse!

   Why even make a comment snidely denigrating "parentage, intelect (sic),
or education" in a post that is supposedly castigating the original person
for flame baiting?

BTW - I happen to agree with him.  The superior manpower, industrial
capacity, supply lines, and technological superiority of the Union gave
them an overwhelming advantage over the Rebs.

The Confederacy's only true hope of victory was in the giving out of the
will of the general populace of the North to continue the fight.  Much like
how Vietnam won against the United States - it was an unpopular war and the
American people didn't want to fight it anymore. (or even in the first
place for several people)

Draft riots, desertion over the Emancipation Proclamation, Copperheads,
etc. all indicated a strong current of dissatisfaction and dissent over the
Civil War in the North.

Fortunately, the victory at Gettysburg helped carry 1863, and right before
the election of 1864 Sherman captured Atlanta - giving Lincoln a critical
boost in the poles and keeping him in office.