Re: [DL] D20 ? OTish

At 05:15 PM 3/3/2002 -0600, you wrote:
 >> Now THIS I have to disagree with.  And I will utilize just one specific at
 >> this point - Attacks of Opportunity.
 >
 >What was the difficulty with the rule?  Our group didn't find it difficult
 >to learn.

Then I guess we are all just far more stupid than you. . .

 >> Levels.  Hit points.  Classes.  A combat system that is both complex and
 >> unrealistic.  The spell system.
 >>
 >> Pretty much all the old baggage from the old DnD system that they had to
 >> retain in order to have some form of backwards compatibility.
 >>
 >So it isn't D20 you don't like, it is the D&D system.

There aren't classes, levels, hit points, etc. etc. ad nauseum in D20?

Allan Seyberth
darious@darious.com
Deadlands fan site - http://www.darious.com/

... two key rules of Third World travel:

1. Never run out of whiskey.
2. Never run out of whiskey.
                 -P.J. O'Rourke