[DL] Any ideas who

"The Cackler" is?  Mind you, only to anyone that wants to guess.  I'm not big on English history and couldn't find anything in my King Arthur books.  A friend said something about Grendel being related or being the Cackler.

Possible spoiler warnings to anyone who reads replies to this message!

"See, it's all in the reflexes Ash" -Jack Burton (Kurt Russell)
"Yeah whatever, chowderhead." -Ash (Bruce Campbell)

Only happened in my head, but what a movie.