RE: [DL] Any ideas who

-----Original Message-----
"The Cackler" is?  Mind you, only to anyone that wants to guess.  I'm not
big on English history and couldn't find anything in my King Arthur books.
A friend said something about Grendel being related or being the Cackler.
--------------------------

SPOILER SPACE

My money is currently on Modred, Arthur's bastard son by his
magic-practicing aunt.  He's described in The Black Circle as being the son
of a powerful witch (Mina's searching her crypt) and having a connection to
Wales, though the Whateleys.  Arthur is a Welsh hero (Welsh comes from the
Anglo-Saxon word for foreigner -- the great irony being that the Celts
became foreigners in their own country following the success of Saxon
invasion.).

There's my $.02.  Take care.

Matt