Re: [DL] Quick Shootin', LS archetypes, & the Blasted Question....

> >So, you did a revision of the hexslinger?  Sounds
> interesting considering it
> >sounds right up my alley....
>
>          I must admit, as a HUGE mark for Steve Long's work,
> I felt like I
> was stealing his car at first. Once I got into it, I realized
> that, since
> the original Law Dogs, we've seen the advent of both Revised
> Edition DL and
> DL D20, and added to the sheer amount of Steve's original
> material that was
> cut, a revision seemed to be the right thing to do (starting
> with their
> confusion-inducing name). In any event, I await your reaction
> to it eagerly.

The original Hexslinger (as per Law Dog's definition of the word) was a
fantastic idea - however needed a little more separating from the
huckster AB, IMO.  I was one of those that cried out for a revision of
the Hexslinger a while back and so am pleased that it's finally going
to get some attention.  I have done my own tweaking of the AB (but
never reached a conclusion that I was happy with) so I really am
interested to see what direction you have taken with this (but
generally as long as it's as further away from the huckster I won't
mind.)

I was also wondering how PEG were going to balance "the Agency" gizmos
in Lonestars without making another AB (as it was announced that there
would be no more - and to be honest it wouldn't have really fitted with
the whole Texas Ranger business) - however should have thought of
reworking an older one :)

Like the idea of the wrestling moves - is this similar idea to those
written in the BE:TN book?  Those I thought were a good idea - but some
were very impractical, i.e. it's fine to spend 3 actions to do a
piledriver on your opponent when they are unresisting and it's all been
scripted out - but it's another to use a 3 action maneuver in combat.

Will continue to wait LS with baited breath..

Roy