[DL] Knowing about the weirdness

A few messages recently have dealt with the GURPS dime novels (which I
haven't read btw) and how the weirdness seemed more acceptable.

In my game, the wierdness is kind of like UFOs.  I mean, if you see a
strange light in the sky, technically it is a UFO in the literal sence, but
it may or may not be a "flying saucer".  MOst people have heard rumors of
gamblers who've sold their soul to Saten, but don't really believe it, until
they see cards appear in someone's hand.

I mean, if joe average cowboy doesn't know that cards appearing in someone's
hand = "huckster! git a rope", how can it be that bad to get caught?  The
cowboy might just mosey up and say, "Hey they was neat how those cards
appeared"