RE: GURPS (WAS RE: [DL] Deadlands - Flagship vs. D20)

I haven't got "Aces and Eights" yet, but I bought "Wanted : Undead or
alive", Gurps DL dime novel #2.
I personnally didn't enjoy the story much. I had quite the same problem as
Matthew with the way all the weirdness seemed to be known and accepted by
people. I felt the relics described were more like classical magical objects
than the typical DL casual item transformed by some event or person into a
powerful yet tainted version of said item.
But that's just me, I was certainly biased and disappointed with the fact
that Ronan Lynch wasn't featured...

bertrand