Re: [DL] Knowing about the weirdness

--- William Ogden <w_ogden@hotmail.com> wrote

>I mean, if joe average cowboy doesn't know that
>cards appearing in someone's hand = "huckster! git a
>rope", how can it be that bad to get caught?  The
>cowboy might just mosey up and say, "Hey they was
>neat how those cards appeared"

Lemme make a case against that.

Magic - or to put a fine point on it Prestidigitation
(ie making small objects appear or dissappear) really
was not a popular (or widely know) thing until the
1920's.  Before that making cards dissappear probably
would at best get you branded as a a card cheat.

People were (as a general rule) MUCH less open minded
about such things in the 1870's.  So if you havn't
experienced any big wierdness then seeing glowing
cards appear then dissappear in a person hands is very
likely (IMHO) to = 'git a rope.'

Thats assuming there is no visible backlash or spell
effects.  Any sort of those shennannigins is almost
assuredly liable to get you hung.

As always </sing> "Its your game / Do what you wanna
do" </sing> but I would think that it would perhaps
not quite work out that way.