Re: RE: [DL] Deadlands - Flagship vs. D20

> For what it's worth, in the run-up to Deadlands d20, there was a
> discussionon this list as to whether there should be a split
> between d20 and original
> rule systems.  The almost universal response was that there should
> be no
> split, as too much overlap would occur when discussing plot (say, The
> Cackler, to cite another current thread).  I doubt that the
> general feel has
> changed, despite the perhaps understandable concerns raised by some.

Agreed Matt and I myself also brought it up recently and recieved the
same response. Which is why I made the comment that we all had to play
nice with eachother. I also would like to take care to point out I was
trained on original deadlands about 4 years ago, and the only reason I
run D20 is cause some people really enjoy the idea that they can play
all there favorite games without learning a new system. In fact this
was mentioned by someone on the list. So I am sure you all will
understand that we intend to discuss D20 Deadlands here until I
recieve a personal email from the high muckity mucks themselves asking
me to keep the list pure of the OGL evil taint. In the meantime I am
no expert but am certainly well versed in D20 and would be happy to
answer your questions, as would any of the authors(Fred Jandt in
particular is very helpful and willing to assist). So I think this
whole thing has made me smile. I feel very good about the direction
that DL is headed and fully support the authors who are working very
hard.

Marshall Kevin Stoner