Re: [DL] Hope Mongers

>          The Pinkertons were the first Union
governmental group to combat the
> Reckoning, as such Allen Pinkerton kept the
Reckoning secret from all but a
> cadre of experienced detectives that he knew he
could trust.....he swore them
> to secrecy.  President Grant drafted the Pinkertons
who were already
> experienced in the war against the abominations
into the Agency.  If this
> Pinkerton of yours knew of the Reckoning but didn't
want to play ball, I'd
> say he would be thrown in jail (maybe for draft
dodging, or to keep his mouth
> shut about what he'd seen in jail) or be the guest
of honor at a neck tie
> party.

The pinkertons were running as a non goverment
sponcered / associated detective agency at the time
of the recongning. Excutive order 259 hired the
entire agency as the govement operation to deal with
the supernatural, while operating under the cover of
serching for confederate spies. Later the pinkertons
also took over normal secret service activities from
Baker's secret service while at the same time haveing
all agents doing double duty dealing with the
supernatural. When the Special services agency was
formed all of it agents were pulled from the
pinkertons, but the pinkerton detective agency
continued to exsist.

The agency book makes it clear that all pinkerton
agents were dealing with the supernatural as thier
main agenda, so they had to know at least some of
what was going on, and since the pinkerton detective
agency continued to exsist I would imagin that at
least a few of the old agents stayed with the
pinkertons. At the very least Robert pinkerton was a
agent of the pinkertons agentcy and is now running
the pinkertons, not a SSA agent.

I'm not sure were you found the part about the
pinkerton agents being drafted by the goverment, The
SSA seems to be a civilian agentcy like the modern
FBI. The Ranger are the ones who are a branch of the
military.

And even if we go with your interpretation of only a
hand full of the 4000 pinkerton agents being trusted
with any knowledge or the recongning, the handfull
that was picked would be the ones bight enough and
skilled enough to keep conflicting opinions to
themselves and quitely fake thier deaths.