Re: Re[4]: [DL] Harrowed [for Marshalls only]

> Players don't look!
>

> ...Horsemen and the hole Holy Team with the God
himslef have in common
> with  Indian  spirits, manitous etc.?! In Deadlands
everything (hexes,
> Harrowed,  Hunting Grounds...) is around Inadian
beliefs. But Blessed,
> okay.  And  in  HoE,  suddenly,  it  appears  that
we are wrong, it's
> an everlasting war beetwen God and Satan.
>
> My  point is (at least ;))), that we should look
for first Harrowed in
> Native  Americans  or  Christian  (Judaism)
culture  circle  not  in
> Egyptian, Scandinavian or Polish myths.
>
> Of corse it's my opinion. And what do you think
about it?

I don't think that the recongners are really set in
stone versions of the horsemen at the time of
deadlands: wierd west. I see Them as more of a equal
opprotunity forces of evil, but by the time of
deadlands:wasted west, its a christen world with a
predominetlly white population. So by that time thier
pretty muched locked in as biblical black hats.

Is anyone familiar enough with native american myths
to figure out what the indians would have called them?