RE: [DL] Funeral (Book o' the Dead?)

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Allan Seyberth wrote:

<snip>
> I might start making the Blessed take a free Hindrance along those lines -
> night terrors, or ailin, or something like that.  Sort of a if the Powers
> that Be open a channel to their servants, that channel can also be used by
> the bad guys.  A "with great power comes great suffering" idea, or even a
> pre-emptive "if you gaze into the abyss, note that the abyss also gazes
> into you.".
>
> Craft, cards or clergy - nobody rides for free.

very cool... And potentially very flavorful. I may add this in myself,
although I'll probably push it off to whenever I start another Deadlands
game years down the road..
Even the basic 'Protection' miracle can make life difficult on the...er...
undead. I've seen it abused a bit to set up kill-zones more effectively.

Also, did Smite ever get modified to allow using the bonus for other
things? A player and I both thought it might have been, but since I
couldn't find it I ruled that the strength bonus can be used, but using it
trivially will not go down well... using it for any sins will make the
effect worse.