Re: [DL] The Deep South

On Wed, 6 Mar 2002, Chris Beilby wrote:

> >     As a suggestion to anyone doing an "Apocalypse Now" adventure (not Dr.
> > Strangelove even though Kubrick was the director for both)
>
> Sorry, Daniel, but Kubrick didn't direct Apocalypse Now.  It was Francis
> Ford Coppola.  Kubric didn't touch Viet-Nam until the 80s, when he made Full
> Metal Jacket.

I know a lot of people who confuse these... I remember listening to a
DC-area radio show arguing over which movie a line came from for nearly
three hours one day...

I rented both recently since I'myoung enough to have missed them when they
were new. They are both pretty powerful films, and a source of ideas for
any Civil War related segments of a Deadlands game, even if it is showing
a diferent war.