Re: [DL] The Deep South

--- Daniel Gwyn <dgwyn@colba.net> wrote:
>     As a suggestion to anyone doing an "Apocalypse Now" adventure
> (not Dr.
> Strangelove even though Kubrick was the director for both) I think a
> Southern "guerrilla" group (perhaps even Jesse James' or Quantril's)
> operating in either Missouri or the Coyote Confederacy might be an
> "interesting" choice.  Rivers of choice might be the Missouri or the
> Red
> River (although I have no idea if the latter is or was navigable.
> Hey, I'm
> a Canuck after all.)

I wouldn't reccomend the Red.  I've lived along it all my life and from
what I've seen, you'd have an easier time walking a boat into union
territory.  It's wide, low, and sluggish.  And IIRC, it begins in
Colorado, runs through the panhandle, along the Texas-Oklahoma border,
through Louisiana and then into the gulf.  Not exactly the quickest
route to union held lands.

=====
Be Seeing You,
Bryce