Re: [DL] A Survey [so Marguerite has something to read ;-)]

Here are my picks.

 Favorite Law Dog-
 Fiction:  Matt Dillon (Gunsmoke)
 Nonfiction:  Wild Bill Hickock

 Favorite Gunslinger-
 Fiction:  Doc Holliday (various movies)
 Nonfiction:  Wild Bill Hickock

 Favorite Outlaw
 Fiction:  William Muny (Unforgiven)
 Nonfiction:  Cole Younger

 Favorite Indian
 Fiction:  Little Big Man (Little Big Man)
 Nonfiction:  Sitting Bull

 Favorite Cowboy
 Fiction:  Matthew Quigley (Quigley Down Under)
 Nonfiction:

 Favorite Gambler
 Fiction:  Doc Holliday (various movies)
 Nonfiction:  Doc Holliday

 Favorite Old West town
 Fiction:  Tombstone (various movies)
 Nonfiction:  Dodge City or Deadwood

 Favorite "Rebel"
 Fiction:  Dutchie (Ride with the Devil)
 Nonfiction: tie- John Singleton Mosby, John Hunt Morgan, JEB Stuart

 Favorite "Yankee"
 Fiction:  Buster Kilrain (Gettysburg)
 Nonfiction:  William T. Sherman

 Event that personifies the "Old West" to you
 Fiction:  Shoot out at the OK Corral  (various movies)
 Nonfiction: tie- Northfield Raid (the end of the James-Younger gang)

		Shoot out at the OK Corral

 Favorite "Mad" Scientist
 Fiction:  Victor Frankenstein
 Nonfiction:  Thomas Edison

 And last but not least...

 Favorite Villain
 Fiction:  tie- Pinkerton Dectective Agency (The Long Riders)

		 Pitt Masterson (Ride with the Devil)
 Nonfiction:  The problem with real life villians is that to some they

		may be a villian to others they may be a hero.  This is
		espically true of Civil War soldiers.  Honestly I cannot 		pick a villian.

		To be safe I will go with Mrs. O'Leary's cow as my 				favorite villian.

--
Jay

"Sealed with a curse as sharp as a knife. Doomed is your soul and damned
is your life."