Re: [DL] A Survey [so Marguerite has something to read ;-)]

*laugh!*  Thanks for giving me something to read!  I'm
sorry if my answers are a bit lackluster,
stereotypical and skimpy, but in Washington state
"U.S. History" = "The Epic of Lewis and Clark".  :-)

Favorite Law Dog
Fiction:  Wyatt Earp
Nonfiction:  Wyatt Earp

Favorite Gambler
Fiction:  Doc Holliday ("Tombstone")
Nonfiction:  Doc Holliday

(Sensing a theme here?)

Favorite Indian
Fiction:  Mani ("Brotherhood of the Wolf")
Nonfiction:  Sitting Bull

Favorite Old West town
Fiction:  Dodge, as portrayed in DeadLands
Nonfiction:  Fort Vancouver (hey, it's what I know)

Event that personifies the "Old West" to you
Fiction:
Nonfiction:  The Gold Rush

New category!  Favorite "poor schmuck"
Fiction:  William Blake ("Dead Man")