RE: [DL] A Survey [so Marguerite has something to read ;-)]

Well, I certainly haven't been disappointed.  :)  I was surprised by a
couple and it made me rethink my own answers.  Here they are...

Favorite Law Dog-
Fiction:  Wyatt Earp (Tombstone)
Nonfiction:  Wyatt Earp

Favorite Gunslinger-
Fiction:  Doc Holliday (Tombstone)
Nonfiction:  Wild Bill Hickok

Favorite Outlaw
Fiction:  Roy O'Bannon (Shanghai Noon)
Nonfiction:  John Wesley Hardin

Favorite Indian
Fiction:  Tonto (The Lone Ranger TV series)
Nonfiction:  Geronimo

Favorite Cowboy
Fiction:  McLintock (McLintock)
Nonfiction:  Deadwood Dick

Favorite Gambler
Fiction:  Maverick
Nonfiction:  Doc Holliday

Favorite Old West town
Fiction:  Silverado (Silverado)
Nonfiction:  Dodge City

Favorite "Rebel"
Fiction:  Hank Ketchum
Nonfiction:  Lee

Favorite "Yankee"
Fiction:  Ronan Lynch
Nonfiction:  Lincoln

Event that personifies the "Old West" to you
Fiction:  "Come back, Shane!"  (Shane)
Nonfiction:  Earp/Holliday showdown with the cowboys in Dodge City

Favorite "Mad" Scientist
Fiction:  Doc Emmett Brown (Back to the future 3)
Nonfiction:  Edison

And last but not least...

Favorite Villain
Fiction:  Darius Hellstrome
Nonfiction:  After thinking about it, nonfiction villain is kind of unfair.
There were some pretty bad guys in the old west, but it'd be hard to
classify anyone a true "villain."  Feel free to drop this one.  :)

Clint Black

"You smell that? Do you smell that? ...Ghost Rock, son. Nothing else in the
world smells like that. I love the smell of ghost rock in the morning. You
know, one time we had a hill bombed, for twelve hours. When it was all over
I walked up. We didn't find one of 'em, not one stinkin' Yank body. The
smell, you know that sulphurous smell, the whole hill. Smelled like...
victory. Someday this war's gonna end..."