Re: [DL] Too easy! (Mild Agency Spoiler)

In a message dated 3/8/02 10:42:45 PM Eastern Standard Time, balance@tubas.net writes:

I;m definitely going to stage some scenes like this. One thing I've
grown to dislike in RPGs (all of them, not just Deadlands) is the
tendency for segments to degenerate into a SWAT team like search and
destroy mission. Setting up fights where the players are not choosing
the battlefield and on the offensive is important. In Deadlands this is
especially true, although there is some room for the stereotypical 'get
a posse' scene.

         For the above, one of the books you will want to look into if you don't like lots of lead flyin' through the air is the Agency: Men in Black Dusters.  It gives tips on creating an investigative-heavy campaigns in the Marshal's Section.