Re: [DL] Too easy! (Mild Agency Spoiler)

On Saturday, March 9, 2002, at 10:59  AM, Brumy8@aol.com wrote:
>          For the above, one of the books you will want to look into if
> you don't like lots of lead flyin' through the air is the Agency: Men
> in Black Dusters.  It gives tips on creating an investigative-heavy
> campaigns in the Marshal's Section.

I like a mix of things, as do my players... Combat isn't a problem, I
just want it to be as fluid and rambuctious as possible instead of the
well-planned assault PCs try to make things. As such, I'm slowly getting
stricter about things like having a discussion when the posse gets to
the black hat's lair. They did this last session, and were rudely
interrupted when a sniper's bullet came whizzing into their ranks. That
meant they had tot hink quickly, like their characters would be doing,
instead of the calm, thought-out assault players will do if given time.

SImilarly, I'm working on some situations where the PCs will have to
deal with hostages and the like. Rashness will result in death of the
hostgage, or at least the baddies getting away.

That said, the MiBD have made great enemies even though they never get
involved in combat. They have goals similar enough to that of the
players, but are so frustrating in the way they treat the posse members
as scum and use them as disposable labor.
--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)