[DL] d20: Question about Mad Science and Duels

Hello,

I just started a d20 Deadlands game and we're having a lot
of fun so far. We even bought a bottle of whiskey to
"roleplay" with. hehe. We were gonna also get a pouch of
tobacco to chew on, but my fiance had issues with us
spitting. :P Anyway, here's my questions...

Under the Mad Science skill, it says to read in the Mad
Science section in the MAgic chapter on how to use it.
However, there is NO mention of this skill ANYWHERE in that
chapter. Making new mad gizmos requires both Knowledge
skills and Tinkerin skills, but not Mad Science. So, what's
the point of this skill? What I was thinking of doing was
instead of requiring a knowledge roll, making it a mad
science roll, and giving a +2 synergy bonus to it if you
have the appropriate knowledge skill related to what you are
trying to build.

Now... as for Duels... It says in the Ridicule skill (and
somewhere it mentions Bluff as well) that you can use these
skills in a duel and to check the section on duels to find
out how. There's NO mention of these skills in the dueling
section though. I assume that they can be used instead of
Intimidate, such as to piss your opponent off (ridicule) or
trick him by feinting (bluff). Is this the case?

Thanks. There's plenty of other minor things like this that
I have found, but those are the two that I just looked up
recently. I will ask more when I find any other
descrepancies. Other than these minor issues, so far the
game is really fun.