Re: [DL] Range Wars/Great Rail Wars

On Sunday, March 10, 2002, at 05:02  PM, Matthew M. DeForrest wrote:
> No, it isn't dead.  It's been pronounced dead any number of times.  The
> mailing list, by the way, is alive and populated, although its been
> quiet
> for a time.  Anyone with questions or ideas will find a welcoming and
> interested audience (Although there's a lot of old timers who like the
> first
> version a lot, so be prepared for the occasional curmudgeonly gripes
> about
> the new system....).

Ah. OK. I started lurking on the list a week or two ago and was somewhat
disappointed due to the lack of traffic.

While I'm mostly a role-player and consider miniatures a secondary
hobby, a lot of the more-involved mini gamers at my local game store are
interested in trying new games. Games Workshop is a very attractive
option, but it tends to burn their fans because of forcing upgrades.

Anyway, I'm hoping to stage a small GRW scenario to act as a climax to a
long campaign my posse is in the middle of.

Out of curiosity, how many miniatures does an average army usually need?
And is it OK to mount them on some sort of standard bases?

(Off-topic, your quoting system doesn't quite work right with most other
mail readers, making edits somewhat difficult.)

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)