RE: [DL] Range Wars/Great Rail Wars

-----Original Message-----
While I'm mostly a role-player and consider miniatures a secondary
hobby, a lot of the more-involved mini gamers at my local game store are
interested in trying new games. Games Workshop is a very attractive
option, but it tends to burn their fans because of forcing upgrades.
--------------------------

GRW is much better (given preferences), although I'd highly recommend their
publications on terrain construction.

--------------------------
Out of curiosity, how many miniatures does an average army usually need?
And is it OK to mount them on some sort of standard bases?
--------------------------

Base them consistently -- that's all that matters.  I use washers because it
allows me to use a magnetic base to keep them in their place.  If you
subscribe to the list, there was a discussion on base size.  Most are
slightly different but the washers are popular (mine are a little over an
inch).

--------------------------
(Off-topic, your quoting system doesn't quite work right with most other
mail readers, making edits somewhat difficult.)

Hmmm.  What's odd?  I ask because I do it manually -- the dashes are minus
signs and the quoted lines are straight from the messages.

Thanks and take care.

Matt

--
Brett

LORD, WHAT CAN THE HARVEST HOPE FOR, IF NOT FOR THE CARE OF THE REAPER
MAN? (Reaper Man, Terry Pratchett)